Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cookbooks, Television & CPAP Machines

There aren't enough hours in the day to put the edits into the computer to finish the K.I.S.S. Method Gourmet Cookbook. Its frustrating! I wanted it done months ago. I know I can come home and start worked on it immediately after work, but I do want to relax a little. If I can catch Stewart, Colbert, Bill Maher, etc and laugh while feeding my news junky habit it makes for a great evening. The real problem isn't getting of the couch afterwards- its the amount of time I need to get ready for bed.

My sleep apnea is pretty out there. I stopped breathing a minimum of 31 times an hour and a maximum of 104 times an hour during the studies. The machine keeps my breathing all night long. The oxygen levels in my blood dropped to numbers that has every doctor who has heard them tell me I was lucky I've never had a heart attack or stroke. (Though there was one night when I had a sharp, sudden and localized headache where I now wonder about it.) There are parts of the machine that need to be taken off, be carefully washed, then dried with a lint free towel, distilled water to be placed in the washed humidifier for the machine and then I need to put back together. I wear a full face mask so I have to be clean shaven; so that the mask fits tight to my face- if it leaks air it won't do its job. My face has to be clean as well so that the oils don't interfere with the fit. My normal 45 minute go to bed routine has a little more than doubled. If I write on Facebook- I'm thankful my Twitter account updates from the Shevek & Co. page- or this blog it takes up more time. Since I've started being active on social media sites I've seen increased traffic at each as well as gotten feedback how we were found by people on these sites. I'm old fashioned and still believe that word of mouth advertising is the best, but social media has definitely created a niche that I can't reach any other way.

So the cookbook edits go slowly. Tonight I'll be finishing up my typing of the recipes for this Saturday's class. Maybe I'll get to edit some cookbook recipes then. I can only hope. I just can't imagine trying to achieve any of this the way I was before the CPAP machine came into my life.

No comments: