Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Moi

I'm a neo-Luddite; that means I'm slow to take up technology. I've had a cell phone for a little over a year and fought getting one for years. This doesn't mean I never use things like food processors or microwave ovens- they've been around long enough to be accepted technology; like the spinning wheel. Actually, when I cook I do a lot of Fusion cuisine, blending the spices and tastes of the various traditions of those countries that border the Mediterranean Sea. But the key word is traditions. All my recipes, even when I fuse various cuisines (as an example, North African with Italian & Greek in my Stuffed Roasted Pepper) is firmly based in the traditions and culture of each country and people. (In that vein, I chose the wallpaper on this blog because it reflects the past and has the feel of a place steeped in tradition.)

On the other hand, some newer technology is taking every  fiber of my being to force myself to participate in. For example, I post on Facebook and have it linked to Twitter so that I don't have to write on each; but I do so as a business necessity.

I've started this blog for several  reasons:
  • I love writing, though mostly fiction. I have several unpublished novels which I hope will someday....
  • I'm putting together the KISS Method Gourmet Cookbook and hope to use this as a way of getting the word out, as well as a source of sharing my new recipes.
  • Eating well is extremely important to me. This includes not only the concept of nutrition (which I will discuss in later posts), but the concept that food should simply taste good and have flavor. Eating well also includes good drink and, most importantly, good conversation to make the dining experience complete. These and other food related issues I will discuss as my daily conversations with people or recent news stores inspire.
  • And, of course, this blog is a marketing tool for my restaurant.
Enough for now; this neo-Luddite needs to start these things off slowly. I'm off to start cooking for the day so I'll leave it here until the morrow. Tomorrow's my 1 day off, but I will post then. Just remember to laugh at yourself- it'll keep you real.

No comments: