Monday, August 22, 2011

Keeping Up with Myself

I've promised several different recipes on this blog and I will eventually do them all, though events and requests are changing the order. There will be a new one soon.

I WILL be on Tucson radio this week- Friday 8/26 on KVOI 1030AM at 7:10am Arizona time/8:10am New Mexico time. The show is "Wake Up Tucson" and it will be broadcast online as well. I'll be there in person, bringing some cold items from our present Summer menu for them to try. Looking forward to it- it 'll be fun. Plus I'll get to do some Trader Joe's shopping while in the big city.

Busy week coming up period. Besides the radio show we have a 6 course Spanish Food & Wine Tasting Dinner later that night. A cooking class teaching people how to cook and serve a 5 course dinner in a couple of hours and  a small catering this Tuesday. I'll be getting only part of Thursday for editing the cookbook since I'll be driving that night to Tucson- for those who don't know Sous chef George and I are each going to a 5 night work week- he has Tuesdays off and I Thursdays.

I'm also working on getting lots of votes for my Carrot Cake on www.getbacktoscratch.com Every time guests agree that its a great carrot cake we ask them to go to the site and vote for it. I find the whole process embarrassing, but in this day and age it seems you need to do such things just to get guests in your door, let alone get recognized as a worthy place to dine.

Oh well, life can be busy, but thankfully its not stressful. See details for any of these events on the restaurant website or on Facebook. Meanwhile, as my brother says, "Live. Love. Laugh." Lif is too short to do otherwise.

No comments: