Monday, August 8, 2011

Life is Fun Once Again

I was reflecting with a nice couple from Tucson that, as I realize once again, how much my life has changed due to using a CPAP for my sleep apnea. I am still amazed that, though it took weeks before I saw any real change, how many medical problems have just disappeared; including the fact that I no longer have short-term memory loss. I'm loosing weight without having changed my diet and exercise habits. I've gotten back a sense of humor, strength of character, creativity and an extra level of joy in life. It still, at just strange moments, comes upon me that life is more than back to normal. And yet I can't believe that I lived as exhausted and unhealthy as I had for that long without fully realizing how bad off I had become.

If you ever take the tests and your recommended a CPAP, USE IT! Give it at least a month! Learn how to get over any claustrophobia with the mask as I did. It is well worth it in the end. But apparently many people stop within a week when they don't get dramatic/instant results. I urge such people to continue and not to stop for 30 days. Some of my health problems didn't start reversing until 2 months into the process, but at that point I had had such great advances that I had the patience to see how the changes would continue. I hope all who need one can find it in themselves to do the same. It will make life fun again- and the worst part is you won't know how much fun there really is in life until you've worn it long enough for it to work. Then the real fun begins!

No comments: